dsu athletics news
- Baseball News
- Cross Country News
- Football News
- Men's Basketball News
- Softball News
- Track News
- Volleyball News
- Women's Basketball News
dsu athletics pages
DSU Football to hold spring game scrimmage on Saturday, April 21
April 10, 2012
MADISON, S.D. – The Dakota State University football team prepares for their annual spring game against the DSU alumni on Saturday, April 21. Kick-off is slated to start at 2:30 p.m. at Trojan Field.
The reunion weekend kicks off on Friday night, April 20 with the alumni social. There will be alumni social at the DSU President's House from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Free hamburgers and hot dogs will be provided. The social will continue at Teezer's Bar & Grill in Madison, starting at 7 p.m. All DSU alumni, alumni families, parents and friends of DSU Football are welcome.
On Saturday, April 21, the DSU alumni can check out their equipment and sign a waiver from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the DSU Fieldhouse. The cost to play in the alumni game is $25, however there is a free admission to come and watch the game, starting at 2:30 p.m.
The game rules for the annual spring games are:
- 15-minute quarters (4 quarters – no overtime)
- 10-minute halftime
- Regular game rules and regulations apply
- Running clock except on special teams, change of possession and last two minutes of each half
- No play clock for any possession
- Each team is allowed three (3) timeouts per half (clock will stop)
- No cutting and no crack blocks from any team (play above the waist, but tackling on the legs is accepted)
There will be a social at The Stadium for all alumni, current players, staff, friends and families after the scrimmage.
Dakota State will kick off their 2012 season at Trojan Field on Saturday, Aug. 25. The Trojans welcome Peru State (Neb.) with a kick-off starting time at 4 p.m.
Nick Huntimer, Dakota State University Sports Information Director