dsu athletics news
- Baseball News
- Cross Country News
- Football News
- Men's Basketball News
- Softball News
- Track News
- Volleyball News
- Women's Basketball News
dsu athletics pages
Five DSU named to Daktronics-NAIA Track & Field Scholar-Athlete award
May 25, 2012
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) released its 2012 Daktronics-NAIA Track & Field Scholar Athletes Friday morning. Five student-athletes from Dakota State University had received this prestigious honor.
A combined 605 student-athletes (362 women and 243 men) were recognized by the NAIA for their hard work in the classroom. Student-athletes are nominated by their head coach and must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale and have achieved junior academic status to qualify.
The five Trojan student-athletes that have received this award are (year in school – hometown – major – parents' name):
- Claire Beck – junior – Dallas, S.D. – Elementary Education – Brian and Donna Beck
- Andy Coy – junior – Hill City, S.D. – Biology – Rusty and Cindy Coy
- Brittany Pearson – senior – Rosholt, S.D. – Math Education – Mark and Mary Pearson
- Stephanie Uher – junior – Mitchell, S.D. – Computer Science – Dean and Jeanette Uher
- Stephanie Warnke – senior – Fairfax, S.D. – Elementary Education – Tim and Brenda Warnke
Dakota State returns back to action on Saturday at the NAIA Outdoor Track & Field National Championships in Marion, Ind. The Trojans will have three runners scheduled to run – Nic Penning in the men's marathon, Matt Fideler in the men's 3000-meter steeplechase finals and Coy in the men's 1500-meter run finals.
Nick Huntimer, Dakota State University Sports Information Director