dsu athletics news
- Baseball News
- Cross Country News
- Football News
- Men's Basketball News
- Softball News
- Track News
- Volleyball News
- Women's Basketball News
dsu athletics pages
Seven DSU cross country/track & field athletes receive academic honor
May 31, 2012
Hill City, S.D.
Sioux Falls, S.D.
MADISON, S.D. – Seven Dakota State University cross country and track & field student-athletes were named to CoSIDA (College Sports Information Directors of America) Academic All-District 6 College Division, announced Thursday.
Four females and three males from DSU's cross country and track & field teams were selected by the CoSIDA. To be nominated to the CoSIDA Academic All-District ballot, the student-athlete needs to have at least 3.3 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale and must be at least sophomore in eligibility. A group of sports information directors from all over the United States vote for the nominees on the ballot.
Below is the list of DSU student-athletes that were named to the list (year – hometown – major – parents' name):
- Claire Beck (junior – Dallas, S.D. – Elementary Education – Brian and Donna Beck)
- Andy Coy (junior – Hill City, S.D. – Biology – Rusty and Cindy Coy)
- Brittany Pearson (senior – Rosholt, S.D. – Math Education – Mark and Mary Pearson)
- Nic Penning (junior – Hulett, Wyo. – Computer Network Security – Brett and ReNette Penning)
- Joshua Scott (sophomore – Sioux Falls, S.D. – Business Education – Curtis and Danielle Scott)
- Stephanie Uher (junior – Mitchell, S.D. – Computer Science – Dean and Jeanette Uher)
- Stephanie Warnke (senior – Fairfax, S.D. – Elementary Education – Tim and Brenda Warnke)
Nick Huntimer, Dakota State University Sports Information Director